Wednesday 3 April 2013

Chick Egg

Hi to all the lovely Crafters out there!

Hope you all had a fantastic Easter weekend with your families.  Well the sun is shining here in Scotland, but still very cold!

I have been busy creating something new this weekend! It is a Easter Project, but you can also just use it for a decoration all year round.  It is very girly and pink, as always, lol, I just love lace and ribbon with flowers!


Hope you all like this project of mine and I will really appreciate some new followers, the saying is "the more the merrier". I just love your comments! Thank you so very much for my existing followers for popping over again!


Well here is my project!

Chick Egg:







I started with a Decopatch Egg, the colour was brown
I painted it with white Gesso
Took white tissue paper stamped it with Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Walnut Stain
Using a stamp from IndigoBlu - Honeycomb Background
Decopatched the egg.
I liked how the ink just bled hear and there giving you a Vintage look
Glued white lace halfway in the length of the egg and added pink zigzag on top of the white laze center
I made a flower arrangement, added a nice double bow finishing the bow of with a pearl.
Added some more pearls. 
That is my 1st new Egg!

Well I really had fun making this egg.  I think this will be 1 of many! 


I am entering this project into the following Challenges:
Bunny Zoe CraftsM, 1E - (March-deadline April 7) Girly (534)
Creative Creations Challenge Blog - 2W, E3, C10 - (1st week) Easter/Spring (29)
Make it Monday - W - always Anything Goes - (164)
Mema's Crafts Monday Challenge - M/winners 2W, 3E, winner is announced on the 15th and on the 30th - (April) Anything Goes (47)
613 Avenue Create - Challenge ~13 - Anything Goes Flowers - 7 April (109)
Simon Says Stamp and Show - Vintage/Shabby Chic - Anything Goes (186)
Unstampabelles - M, 3E, NO STAMPS allowed - (April) Anything but a Card (12)
One Stop Craft - 2E W - #222 Easter (76)
Hotshot Crafts - M -week 4 Anything but a Card (272)
Digistamps4Joy South Africa - Anything goes #64 (12)
To be updated

20 comments:

  1. what a beautiful creation Denise.

    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful decorated egg, I love the honeycomb stamping and your cluster of flowers are stunning. Love the added ric rac. Thanks so much for,joining in the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a gorgeous chick egg. I love the gorgeous little bouquet of flowers that adorn the front. I also love the lace and rick rack that encircles the egg. It reminds me of the old sugar eggs when I was a child. The honeycomb also adds interest! Thanks so mcuh for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh this is so pretty. Very unique in design. Thank you so much for sharing your talent with us at Mema's Crafts and we hope to see more of your work. Good Luck!

    Hugs
    Lesia
    If you haven't already, remember to enter your name for blog candy giveaway.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is STUNNING Denise. I saw this Beauty on MIM..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  6. Breath taking egg. So gorgeous.

    Thanks for joining our Easter challenge at One Stop Craft Challenge.

    Mari

    ReplyDelete
  7. amazing! Thanks for joining us at Creative Creations Challenges with our 'easter/spring' challenge - remember you can enter up to three times! Good Luck and hope to see you again soon :) x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Denise,
    Your egg is so pretty and such gorgeous flowers. Love your creativity :) Thank you for playing along with us at Digistamps 4 Joy and we hope to see you again. Good Luck :)
    Hugs,
    Asmah
    [DS4J DT Member]
    [Qinaahana Arts And Crafts ~ My Personal Blog]

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a beautiful creation Denise.
    Thanks fot join us at DigiStamps4Joy.
    Hope you join us next time.

    Greetings karin DT member


    ReplyDelete
  10. Pragtige projek Denise. Die blomme is so mooi gerangskik. Baie dankie vir jou boodskap op my blog en dat jy my na jou pragtige kaartjies gelei het. Dit is altyd lekker om Afrikaans te sien. Ek kom beslis weer kuier.
    Groete uit Suid Afrika,
    Amelia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Baie dankie! Soos jy se dit is so lekker om so bietjie Afrikaans in die Blog wereld te he! Baie dankie!

      Delete
  11. What an romantic and beautiful egg - and creative display!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow Denise , great work, well done and good luck!
    Hugs, Jackie
    Digistamps4Joy.DT
    Member

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stunning project. Thanks for joining us at DigiStamps4Joy for this challenge.
    Margaret, DT

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh wow this is just so beautiful and creative.
    {Would love you to visit my blog and join my 500-Follower Give-Away. Thank you so much if you already have entered and good luck.}
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Denise
    Thank you very much for your lovely comment you left on my blog and becoming my follower. Very much appreciated!
    Your chick egg is magnificent. I absolutely adore it!
    Michaela xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. So stunning Denise! Really a gorgeous project! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your egg is Beautiful. Thanks for joining us at creative creations challenges
    Hugs
    Shelly

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking time to leave me a comment! This is always very much appreciated!